Office of the Registrar


A transcript is a copy of your permanent academic record that includes such things as your level, degree(s) and honors awarded, major, dates of attendance, courses taken, grades, number of credits, and grade point average (GPA). 

NOTE:  Before submitting an official transcript (printed or electronic) request, it is important to check your unofficial transcript to verify that all course grades and/or degrees have been posted.

Holds may prevent the release of transcripts.  Holds must be cleared with the office that placed the hold before a transcript will be released.

Unofficial Transcripts can be viewed from the student’s online Stockton account.

Official Printed Transcripts can be requested from the student’s online Stockton account.  Official printed transcripts are printed on Stockton’s transcript paper and contain Stockton’s watermark and signature of the Registrar certifying that they are authentic.  Official printed transcripts are mailed to the recipient in an envelope secured with Stockton’s official seal to prevent tampering.  Students choose where printed transcripts are sent.

There is no charge for official printed transcripts.  Official printed transcript requests are processed daily and sent regular mail through the U.S. Postal Service and may take up to 7-10 days for delivery.  If you need a printed transcript immediately, you may make the request in-person at the Registrar’s Office (Campus Center 204).  There is a $10 fee for each urgent transcript request.

Official Electronic Transcripts are processed by the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC).  The NSC link can be accessed from the student’s online Stockton account or the NSC website directly.  Before ordering an electronic transcript, verify that that the recipient will accept .pdf transcripts.

A secure .pdf document containing Stockton’s watermark and signature of the Registrar is emailed immediately to the recipient.  The link to the .pdf document is valid for 30 days from the sent date.  Students may request that official electronic transcripts be sent to potential employers, graduate schools or other colleges.  There is a $3.25 non-refundable processing fee, charged by NSC for each official electronic transcript ordered. 

Transcripts for Teacher Certification cannot be processed online.  Please complete and submit the Official Transcript Request for Teacher Certification form. Teacher certification transcripts will only be mailed directly to the NJ Department of Education. 


Online access to transcripts depends on your student status.  Current and graduated students may access transcripts from goStockton, while former students access transcripts through Web Services. 

NOTICE:  Transcripts prior to 1989 reflect an H-S-N or an A-B-C-D-F grading system, do not include a GPA and are not available online unless a Transcript Conversion has been requested.  Once the Transcript Conversion has been submitted and processed, the student may request official printed transcripts by following the instructions for graduated or former Students or electronic transcripts directly through the National Student Clearinghouse (see below).  To request an official printed transcript (prior to 1989) without converting it to the online system, please submit the Official Transcript Request Form.

  • Current Students and Graduated Students

    From goStockton
    From the Student Services tab (current students); or
    From the Alumni tab (graduated students)
    Click on the link below to:
    View Unofficial Transcripts
    Request Official/Printed Transcript
    Request Official/Electronic Transcript
  • Former students without a degree conferred from Stockton
    If you do not have access to your Web Services account, you will need to complete and submit the Student ID & PIN Request to obtain your login credentials so that you can set up and access your Web Services account.  Requests are processed daily and account information is sent to the email address you provide. If you attended Stockton prior to 1989, please see the notice above.

    From Web Services
    Click on Student & Financial Aid
    Click on Student Records
    Click on the following link to:
    View Unofficial Transcript
    Request Official/Printed Transcript
    Request Official/Electronic Transcript
  • Request an Official/Electronic Transcript directly from the National Student Clearinghouse, without logging into Web Services, from the link below:

National Student Clearinghouse Electronic Transcript Request