Housing 6/Stockton Seaview Frequently Asked Questions
The historic Seaview Resort, which includes a hotel and two world renowned golf courses, is located on nearly 300 acres in Galloway Township. A Richard Stockton College of New Jersey residential community has been added to the resort, housing approximately 220 students. Student will live on three floors within the Seaview Resort, which only students and Seaview employees are able to enter. Students have the opportunity to live in a double room and are able to use the hotel's amenities such as the indoor pool, gym, and limited food services. Stockton offers transportation services for students residing at this facility along with student parking. Please view the frequently asked questions below for specific information regarding staying at the Seaview Resort.
What services and amenities are available to Stockton students at Seaview?
What housekeeping and linen services are available and how does the service operate?
Will the check-in process be different from other campus facilities?
Can I have a single room at Seaview?
Will I be able to move to a main campus facility throughout the academic year?
Will there be an addendum to the Residential Life Housing Contract I signed upon if I am assigned to Seaview for the fall 2016/spring 2017 academic year?
Will there be residential life staff living in the building and what residential life services will be available?
What will it cost to live at the Seaview Resort?
What will the Seaview meal plan offer?
Can I have guests visit me in my room at Seaview?
Can I bring my car to Seaview and where would I park?
How is a double room furnished?
Does the Seaview Resort have a student lounge?
What Does a Seaview Resort Student Bedroom look like?
How do I gain access to my Seaview Resort room if I lost or misplaced my Seaview Access Fob?
Who do I contact if I have a maintenance concern in my room?
Can I receive mail at the Seaview Resort?
1. What services and amenities are available to Stockton students at Seaview?
Students will have the same phone, internet, microfridge, and laundry services as other campus residential facilities. Seaview resident students will have access to the pools, exercise room, game room, tennis and basketball courts, student lounges and hotel food service. (Pick up service is available for select menu items ordered via webfood). All hotel posted hours of operation should be adhered to by Seaview resident students. Housekeeping services are provided on a weekly basis. Cable tv service will be available as well.*
2. What housekeeping and linen services are available and how does the service operate?
The Seaview Resort will provide weekly cleaning services. Resident students will be required to dispose of their own garbage at the dumpsters located in the Loading Dock area at the Seaview Hotel. Resident Students will be required to bring their own bedding to fit a full size mattress provided in the room, and their own bath towels. Stockton College staff reserves the right to inspect the student resident rooms once a month to ensure their quality facility standards and upkeep of each room is being honored.
3. Will the check-in process be different from other campus facilities?
Seaview student residents will check in as all other renewal students as noted on the assignment letter. Seaview front desk services will NOT be used to check in Stockton residential students. Special check-in areas will be designated for Stockton students.
4. Can I have a single room at the Seaview? Based on the demand for campus housing, the University has designated Seaview rooms for double occupancy.
5. Will I be able to move to a main campus facility throughout the academic year? Seaview residential students can change their room assignment according to Residential Life procedures. Students can begin to request assignment changes after the first two weeks of the semester. Another common time to request an assignment change will be prior to the Spring 2017 term when more vacancies are anticipated on main campus. A student’s bursar account will be prorated if and when assignment changes occur whenever different facility rates apply.
6. Will there be an addendum to the Residential Life Housing Contract I signed if I am assigned to/chose to live at the Seaview for the Fall 2015/Spring 2016 academic year? No. Signing the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 housing contract is required in order to check into the facility.
7. Will there be residential life staff living in the building and what residential services will be available? The Stockton Seaview is fully staffed with a live-in professional staff member and 6 resident assistants on Pines 100 and 200 and Bays 100 and 200. Staff contact information will be published and made available at check in. Additionally, the same residential life services available to campus residents will be available to Seaview resident students. Resident Assistants will conduct office hours, programs, etc. and the live-in professional staff member will hold office hours at Seaview during Residential Life's normal business hours.
8. What will it cost to live at the Seaview Resort?
The Seaview rooms are double occupancy. The price for housing and the meal plan can be on the Busars website by clicking here
9. What will the Seaview meal plan offer?
The Seaview meal plan will provide many of the same features as other meal plans at Stockton. In addition to the 50 block meals that can be used on campus, there is $400 designated as flex dollars, permitting students to purchase meals at Seaview from a select menu. Students can order food from the Seaview grill through the GetFood site (get.cbord.com/Stockton) until 11pm. Students can pick up their food at the entrance of the kitchen. If there is a question about a student's order (for example, missing item, order is incorrect, etc.), the student can speak with a Seaview staff member in the kitchen at that time for assistance. Students can also download the GetFood app at the following links:
10. Can I have guests visit me in my room at Seaview? All guest and visitor policies found within the current “Guide to Residential Life” apply to Seaview student residents. A student resident will be permitted to have one guest visit in either the bed room or the floor lounge. Guests will NOT be permitted to use the Seaview facilities afforded to the resident student, unless they are a registered hotel guest at the Seaview Resort.
11. Can I bring my car to Seaview and where would I park?
Resident students will have a convenient parking lot designated as “private parking” outside the Pine Floors. The private parking lot is secured by an access code restricted gate. Click here for a picture of the Seaview Resort Student Parking Lot. All residential students must register their vehicles online at the GoStockton Portal and obtain parking permit stickers during check-in or at The Office of Residential Life, located in Building 82 in the Housing 4 Complex. The parking permit sticker must be permanently affixed to the outside rear window on the driver's side of their vehicle. Students also have access to a shuttle that makes trips to and from Stockton on a regular schedule. Click here to locate the most up to date shuttle schedule.
12. How is a double room furnished?
Double rooms are furnished with two full size beds, two desks, one dresser that is separated for both residents. Also the closet in a double room is separated for each resident. Residents also have use of a microfridge, microwave, and flat screen television in each double room.
13. How do I gain access to my Seaview Resort room if I lost or misplaced my Seaview Access Fob?
Visit the Security Desk at the Seaview Hotel and the Security Officer will either give you an access fob or conduct a lock out for you. To help protect the safety of persons and property, the following key policy has been instituted for lost keys: The person losing the room/ apartment key will be charged $50.00 for the lost key(s) and the room’s lock change. This is a non-refundable charge that will be billed to the student’s account and this charge doubles with each subsequent offense.
14. Who do I contact if I have a maintenance concern in my room?
Maintenance workers at Seaview are scheduled 24/7 and are available to assist you with any maintenance requests you may have within your room/student wing. To inform maintenance of a request, either visit the Security Desk at the Seaview Hotel or you can call Seaview Security via your room telephone and inform them of the maintenance request. This phone extension will be provided to you in your initial Seaview Student Orientation within the first week of each semester.
15. Can I receive mail at the Seaview Resort?
Seaview resident students will not be able to have mail/packages sent directly to the Seaview Hotel. All Seaview resident students should set up an on-campus mailbox at the Campus Mailroom which is located in Lower E-wing in between the bookstore and the print shop. Any questions regarding mail facilities must be forwarded to the mailroom staff. The mail room opens at 11:00am daily.