Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to apply for Housing?
- Do I have to have a meal plan?
- How long will it take for Residential Life to contact me after I submit my deposit and application?
- When will I get my deposit back?
- What if I am on the priority list, how long will it take for me get my preferred housing assignment or roommate?
- Can I sign up for a single room?
- Do I have to live in specific area?
- Why didn’t I get the roommate I requested?
- Can I have a microwave?
- What size bed linen do I need?
- Am I allowed to bring a pet?
- What happens the day I move in?
- Do all of the rooms have furniture?
- What if I lose my key?
- What if I lose my id card?
- Do I have to pay to use the Laundromat?
- How do I register my computer?
- How do I register my car?
- Can I smoke in my room/apartment?
- What will be my address at Stockton?
- Do I need property insurance?
- What should i bring with me when I move in?
- Are There FAQ's for the Historic Seaview Resort?
1. Do I have to apply for Housing?
To apply for housing, all new students and students not currently residing on campus (commuter students) must submit an online housing acceptance deposit of $150 and complete an online application on the GoStockton Portal.
2. Do I have to have a meal plan?
The College offers several meal plans that provide students with meals. Students should review the Residence Contract and Dining Services Agreement for specific meal plan requirements and types. Students may also visit http://www.dineoncampus.com/rsc/ for more information.
3. How long will it take for Residential Life to contact me after I submit my deposit and application?
Applicants for the fall semester will receive a response after May 1. Applicants for spring semester will receive a response the first week of January. New freshmen or transfer students will receive their housing assignment on August 1. Commuter students will receive their housing assignment on May 22.
4. When will I get my deposit back?
New Students who are awarded Fall housing and subsequently cancel their housing application prior to receiving their housing assignment will have the housing acceptance deposit refunded. Renewal students who sign the Residence Contract and Dining Services Agreement will not receive their $50 renewal fee and may incur a $500 cancellation fee.
5. What if I am on the priority list, how long will it take for me get my preferred housing assignment or roommate?
Unfortunately, there is no timeline for students on the priority list to be housed in a specific location or with specific roommates. The priority list is based on a first-come first-serve basis in addition to how many beds are open at any given time. Students will be contacted by the Office of Residential Life via their Stockton email, when their name has been reached on the priority list.
7. Do I have to live in a specific area?
At the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey we require that all freshmen reside in Housing II and Housing III because the Office of Residential Life promotes and values the First Year Residential Experience, to better acquaint the incoming students with Stockton College.
8. Why didn’t I get the roommate I requested?
Residential Life does provide the opportunity for students to have roommates who they have acquaintances with. Unfortunately we can not guarantee that all requests will be honored, however we will try to accommodate the requests to the best of our ability.
9. Can I bring a microwave?
Microwaves are provided in Housing II, Housing III, Housing V and Seaview Resort. Residents residing in Housing I or IV may bring a microwave. They must have a UL listing of 120Volts, 68Hz, and 1.1Kilowatts.
- Housing I and IV (Apts.) - long twin;80"
- Housing II (Res. Halls A-K) long twin;80"
- Housing II Rooms ending in 01 (Res. Halls A-K) - long twin;80"
- Housing III (Res. Halls L-P) - long twin;80"
- Housing V - long twin;80"
- Seaview - Full Size Bed
11. Am I allowed to bring a pet?
No person shall possess, maintain, house, harbor, or have custody or control of any pet/animal while on College property. With the consent of your roommate(s) and approval from the Director of Residential LIfe or designee, the only pet you may have in your room or apartment is fish.
12. What happens the day I move in?
If you are living in Housing II or III you will check in at the A-100 Office located next to the Townsend and Residential Life Center. If you are moving into Housing I, IV or V you will check in at the Lakeside Lodge behind Cedar Court. If you are moving into the Seaview Resort, you will check in at the Seaview Resort in the designated student check in location provided to you in your assignment letter. You will receive your key(s), A Guide To Residential Life, The Student Handbook, and sign a housing contract.
13. Do all of the rooms have furniture and air conditioning?
Yes, Housing II, Housing III and the Seaview Resort are furnished with beds, desk, a chair, and a closet/dresser. Housing I and IV are furnished with four to five beds, chairs, desks, a long couch, two individual living room chairs, a refrigerator, stove/oven, a kitchen table, air conditioning, heating, and carpeted apartments. Housing V is furnished with four beds, chairs, desks, a long couch, two individual living room chairs, a refrigerator, a stationary kitchen table, air conditioning, heating, and tiled floors.
14. What if I lose my key?
To help protect the safety of persons and property, the following key policy has been instituted for lost and borrowed keys: Room locks will automatically be changed. The person losing the room/ apartment key will be charged $50.00 for the lost key(s) and the room’s lock change. This is a non-refundable charge that will be billed to the student’s account and this charge doubles with each subsequent offense.
15. What if I lose my ID card?
If a resident loses his/her student ID card, he/she must immediately go to Go Portal to manage my ID. During the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday during the academic year, students must go to the Bursar’s Office to pay the $25.00 fee for a replacement ID card.
16. Do I have to pay to use the Laundromat?
Washers and dryers are located in E-15 of the Housing I apartment complex, on the first floor of A and K Buildings in Housing II, on each floor in Housing III, in Building 81 in Housing IV and state-of-the-art laundry facilities are located on the first floor of each building in Housing V and each floor at the Seaview Resort. These washers and dryers are a cashless system since tokens or coins are not required to operate them. All residential students pay for this cashless laundry service as part of their housing fees. The washers and dryers in the housing facilities are for the exclusive use of residential students only. The hours of operation are 24/7. Students may logon on to LaundryView to see the status of used and unused washers and dryers.
17. How do I register my computer?
Visit the Computer Services website.
18. How do I register my car?
All residential students must register their vehicles online at the GoStockton Portal and obtain parking permits at the A-100 Office (for residence halls) or the Lakeside Office, Building 82 -4(for apartments and Seaview). The parking permit must be permanently affixed to the outside rear window on the driver’s side of their vehicle.
20. What will be my address at Stockton?
Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
101 Vera King Farris Drive
Galloway NJ 08205-9441
Mailboxes are located in lower E-wing in between the bookstore and the print shop. Any questions regarding mail facilities must be forwarded to the mailroom staff. The mail room opens at 11:00am daily.
21. Do I need property insurance?
The college does not insure the personal belongings of students in the apartments and residence halls. It is highly recommended that you check to see if you are covered by your parents' homeowners insurance or purchase a renter's policy yourself.
22. What should I bring with me when I move in?
This is a suggested packing list for students living in apartments at Housing I, IV, V.
This is a suggested packing list for students living at the Housing II and III dorms.
23. Are There FAQ's for the Historic Seaview Resort?
Yes, there Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Historic Seaview Resort. Please click here to view them.