Our Purpose and Mission
The establishment of the Lloyd D. Levenson Institute of Gaming, Hospitality and
Tourism (LIGHT) at Stockton University provides a forum
for public policy discussions regarding the gaming, hospitality and tourism industries
in New Jersey. The Levenson Institute engages our faculty, students and others in
research, conferences and report writing to support sound decision making among
policy makers and leaders in the region’s three largest industries.
Along with other Stockton University centers, institutes and programs, LIGHT is a
key part of our commitment to playing a central role in issues that are vital to the
economic and social well being of our community and region.
The Institute’s activities in support of gaming, hospitality and tourism include:
• Professional training and educational opportunities that provide the latest
skills, knowledge and abilities
• Jersey Shorecast Outlook for tourist season throughout southern New Jersey
• Conferences, symposia and lecture series
• Survey and experiential research
• Industry reports and newsletters
The Levenson Institute demonstrates the University's commitment to fulfilling its role
as an active participant in the economic vitality of the region.