When you think about Stockton University and its innovative, collaborative programming and initiatives, we would like you to think about our Science Enrichment Academy at Stockton (SEAS). The SEAS Program is a two-week residential experimental learning opportunity for high school students. Participants will be involved in classroom, laboratory and field experiences as well as an overnight camping exploration.
The SEAS program will expose participants to the process of scientific inquiry. The participants will gain experience gathering, measuring and analyzing data. The 2015 participants report that the two weeks they spent on campus made a tremendous difference in their lives. All of the 2015 participants have chosen STEM majors and twelve have been accepted to Stockton University. The students developed friendships and enhanced their ability to engage in group work as they developed their final group projects.
We are planning to invite 24 rising seniors to the Stockton University Campus from July 17 through July 30, 2016. The participation fee for SEAS 2016 will be $2000 with generous scholarship opportunities available. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
In order to be considered for SEAS, students should meet the following criteria:
- The student must be a high school junior during the 2015–2016 school year
- The student must be willing to live on campus for the duration of the program
- The student should have no less than a B- average in their high school coursework, with at least a B or higher average in science and math courses
- Students who have demonstrated very strong interest in science outside the classroom can also be strong candidates for the Academy
Application Deadline Extended!!!
- Applications and recommendations may be submitted via email to SEAS-NAMS@stockton.edu,
personal delivery or postal mail.
- Acceptance notifications will be made by June 15, 2016.
- Apply Now!