Standard 14: Student Learning Outcomes
Assessment of student learning demonstrates that, at graduation, or other appropriate points, the institution’s students have knowledge, skills, and competencies consistent with institutional and appropriate higher education goals.
1) How effective are the academic programs in meeting their learning outcome objectives for all their students?
- Templates for Annual Coordinator / Director Reports (2.1.9)
- Original 2010 Template for Five Year Academic Program Review (2.1.9) and Revised 2011 Template for Five Year Academic Program Review
- Collegewide Assessment Committee
- Collection of Learning Outcomes by School and Program
- Institute Archive of Evidence Newsletters
- Examples from History, Business, Education and General Studies
- Bulletin (14.1.7), General Studies College-wide Objectives (page 152)
- Graduate School Self Study and Examples from Nursing, Biology, Marine Science and Social Work
- NSSE Learning to Improve Study (questionnaire) (7.7.9) and Example from Psychology
- Academic Affairs 2011 Retreat: Provost's Overview of Essential Learning Outcomes and Fall 2011 Team Launch
- Academic Affairs 2011 Retreat: Business Essential Learning Outcomes
- Academic Affairs 2011 Retreat: Holistic Health Essential Learning Outcomes
- Lumina Degree Profile
- Richard Shavelson Advice to Stockton Faculty and Administrators on Assessment
2) How effective is the General Studies Program in meeting its student learning outcome objectives for all students?
3) In what ways does the college integrate the assessment of student learning outcomes into its program planning and resource allocation?
- Collegiate Learning Assessment (scroll down to Student Learning Outcomes) (7.7.3)
- NSSE Results in USA Today (see also Ten Year (NSSE) Results 7.5.6 and 9.2.1)
- IDEA Guide for Faculty
- Sample of Use from PSYC program (from Five Year Program Review, new template)
- Bringing Theory to Practice Report (using NSSE Results)
- Sample CLA articles in Evidence: 2008, 2009, 2010
- School Assessment: EDUC, BUSN and HLTH
- Conference Proceedings of Faculty Dissemination of Assessment Use Practices
- Additional Reports of Assessment Use Evidence
- Faculty Development Assessment website
- Holistic Health Minor example: Five Year Academic Program Review, Consultant's Report, Loop-Closing Memo, Annual Coordinator's Report and Presentation to Assessment Institute.
4) To what extent are the learning outcomes of co-curricular and experiential learning aligned with the educational mission of the College, in support of student learning?
- First Year Experience (FYE) in Residential Life and Freshmen Seminars (FYS)
a. FYE Mission
b. FYE Goals and Objectives
c. FYE Progress Report
d. FYS 2008 Group Report and Analysis, 2009 Group Report
e. FYS Coordinator's Report 2008-09 and 2009-10 and 2011 (Results)
f. FYS Syllabus Review Report 2009
g. FYS Matrix
h. FYS Assessment 2008 and Assessment Goals 2010 (scroll down)
- Living Learning Communities Program Guide and web site
- Community Partners: Working Group, Self Study, Carnegie Application, Press Release, Community Partnerships Syllabus, Community Schools Syllabus, Lessons Learned and Campus Kitchens Project
4. Washington Internship Program
5) How effective are the college’s efforts and resources to encourage, recognize, and value faculty efforts to assess student learning and to improve teaching to meet learning outcomes?