International: Undergraduate

Office of Global Engagement
Home > Applying > Undergraduate Admission Requirements

International Student Admissions Application Requirements

International students are highly recommended to submit completed Admissions applications with all supported documents to the Office of Enrollment Management by March 15 for the Fall semester, and by November 15 for the Spring semester.


Step 1

1. International Student Application

2. Official Secondary School records

  • From British-patterned systems: School marks, records and testimonials, certified true copies of original school certificates, diplomas, GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ levels, or local equivalent such as West African School Certificate, Hong Kong Certificate of Education, etc.
  • If you sat for examinations within the past year and the results are not yet available, a certified copy of your individual results notice should be submitted. NOTE: A statement of these results from your secondary school is NOT acceptable.
  • From other internationally-patterned systems: An evaluation and US equivalency report of all secondary school grade reports, mark sheets, diplomas, certificates or examination results which indicate completion of present studies, specific subjects studied, and the marks or results received.  We recommend using: World Education Services (WES), or Education Credential Evaluators (ECE).
  • If your credentials do not specify exactly which subjects you studied and for how long, you must supply this information with your application.

3. English Proficiency

Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System's (IELTS) scores or ELS Certificate level 112 must be submitted by students from non-English speaking countries (country exemptions). All others are strongly encouraged to submit TOEFL or IELTS as well to increase their chances of admission. Those who have passed a course in regular English Composition (not English as a Second Language, not English for Foreign Students, etc.) at a US or Canadian college or university with at least a “B” are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS.

  • TOEFL:

Internet-based (79)
Computer-based (213)
Paper-based (550)
Please visit TOEFL website to register for the test

Stockton’s TOEFL Institution Code: 2889.  Use this code to send your TOEFL score directly to Stockton.

  • IELTS:

Overall band score of 6.5 or higher
Please visit IELTS website to register for the test

  • English Language Center (ELS):

ELS Cetificate level 112
*Students who do not meet minimum TOEFL or IELTS score requirements can enroll in the onsite ELS English Language Center.

4. College/University Transcripts

In addition to secondary education credentials, students transferring from other colleges or universities must submit official copies of all transcripts from all institutions attended.  If transferring from outside the United States, the transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES) or Education Credential Evaluators (ECE).

The amount of advanced standing granted to transfer students is determined through an official evaluation of all courses taken.  Students admitted with advanced standing, in general, are given credit for college level courses completed with a grade of "C" or above and as long as such courses correspond to an existing Stockton course in content and quality and are requirements of a degree at Stockton.  No credit evaluation will be made until the student has been granted admission.

Note: Graduate programs may require undergraduate prerequisite courses in order to be considered for admission.


Step 2

1. Application for I-20

In order for Stockton University to issue a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Student Status (Form I-20), the applicant and sponsor(s) must read and follow the instructions accurately. Stockton University is required by the Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to collect evidence that the applicant will have sufficient funds while studying in the US.

2. Affidavit of Support

This document shows the source of the funds you intend to use to fund your education. Each sponsor should fill out an affidavit completely, sign and date it. 
If the student is using his/her own money he/she should fill out the affidavit and indicate that they will be supporting themselves. An official seal from a bank or notary public must be affixed in order for the document to be valid. All affidavits must be in English and funds must be indicated in US currency.

Bank statement(s) with enough funding to cover your educational and personal expenses must be provided. The official bank statement (or letter on official letterhead) must be:

  • in the sponsor’s name (or the student’s),
  • must be in English
  • must show exact US dollar amounts (NOT statements such as “The sponsor has sufficient funds”)
  • must be less than 6 months old

Acceptable are letters from employers verifying annual income in US dollars and copies of income tax forms. 
NOT ACCEPTABLE ARE: proof of property ownership, income from investments

7. Sponsor's Affidavit for Room and Board 

If a sponsor in the US will be providing free room and meals while the student studies at Stockton the sponsor must sign a statement declaring they will provide free room and board.
Otherwise a student must apply for Stockton University Housing and pay the $150 housing deposit.

8. International Students Admission Checklist

Before submitting complete applications please verify your documents via the Admissions Checklist to make sure you have included all necessary paperwork, forms and files. Processing of incomplete application will be delayed and admission may be denied.

9. Additional Important Documents

Documents not in English must be accompanied by a translation verified by a language professor or professional translation. Since we cannot guarantee the return of any credentials submitted in support of your application, we suggest that you supply certified true copies of any document that is irreplaceable.  A certified true copy of a document is a photocopy made from an original document, upon which an educational or consular official has affixed his/her signature and official seal, and has indicated that it is an attested true copy of the original document.

All application materials, forms and supporting documents must be completed in English and mailed to:

Stockton University
Office of Global Engagement 
101 Vera King Farris Drive,
Galloway, NJ 08205

For questions or concerns, please email

Return to International Students Homepage