According to the USCIS “foreign students in F-1 nonimmigrant status may work on the school’s premises, including on-location commercial firms that provide services for students on campus, such as the school bookstore or cafeteria. Students may work at an off-campus location that is educationally affiliated with the school. Thus an F-1 student working on-campus participating in a construction of a new campus building does not provide direct services to students and therefore is not considered an on-campus employee.
To be eligible for on-campus employment students must:
- be enrolled at Stockton University full time
- work no more than 20 hours per week when school is in session
- may work up to 40 hours per week when school is not in session. If a student plans to work on campus during scheduled academic breaks he/she must plan on attending Stockton University full time the following semester.
Note: Students cannot work on-campus after completion of their program of study.
Students can search for on-campus employment here. Those who have found employment must come to the Office of Global Engagement to complete the necessary paperwork. Students should bring with them:
1. A copy of the job offer letter signed by the supervisor. Letter should include:
- Location where employment will take place
- Beginning and date of employment
- Number of hours student will work per week
- Student’s duties described in detail
- Supervisor’s name and phone number
2. Students must complete Form I-9 necessary for employment, as well as present a copy of their unexpired foreign Passport, Social Security Card, Form I-94, Form I-20/DS-2019 and F/J visa.