Health Insurance Requirements
Program participants and their dependents are required to have medical insurance coverage with the following minimum benefits [22 CFR 62.14].
- Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
- Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the exchange visitor to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
- A policy must be underwritten by an insurance carrier with:
- an AM Best rating of "A-" or above
- an Insurance Solvency International, Ltd (ISI) rating of "A-I" or above
- a Standard and Poor's Claims Paying Ability rating of "A-" or above
- or a Weiss Research, Inc. rating of "B+" or above
J-1 visitors and their dependents must have health insurance in effect during the period of time they are participating in Stockton's program. In addition, you and your spouse or dependents may be subject to the requirements of the Affordable Care Act. [22 CFR 62.14(a)].