Each semester, the Day of Service provides an opportunity for Stockton students, faculty and staff members to engage in service projects on and off campus with local community service agencies and other organizations.
The Day of Service is an important opportunity for students to:
- Get to know and work with other Stockton students
- Become acquainted with the faculty and staff at Stockton University
- Begin their journey as a Stockton student, where learning does not just happen in the classroom,
but happens through teamwork and real life experiences
- Make a difference in neighboring communities through service
Fall Day of Service - September 12, 2015
The Day of Service committee is planning an all new format for this event! Participants will rotate and participate in a variety of service projects that will all be held on campus. As always breakfast, lunch and t-shirts will be provided to volunteers. Volunteers are asked to make a full-day commitment to the event which begins at 8:30am in the Stockton University Campus Center Event Room. The Day of Service is tentatively scheduled to end around 4:00pm.
|8:00 - 8:30am||Registration & Breakfast|
|8:30 - 9:15am||
Welcome Remarks by President Kesselman
Keynote Speaker: Todd Bernstein
|9:30 - 10:30am||
Service Project 1
All Day of Service participants will rotate through four service projects with varying themes, including health & wellness, hunger, homelessness, environment, civics, and more!
|10:45 - 11:45am||
Service Project 2
|12:00 - 1:30pm||Lunch & Service Project 3|
|1:45 - 2:45pm||Service Project 4|
|3:00 - 4:00pm||Closing & T-Shirt Distribution|
On behalf of the Fall Day of Service Planning Committee, we would like invite staff/faculty to join us as Project/Reflection Facilitators. This year, our new model will offer all volunteers to participate and rotate through multiple service projects on-campus throughout the day and come back together at the end of the day for a joint reflection session.
Your role would involve:
• Participate in projects alongside student volunteers
• Marshall student volunteers to project sites on-campus
• Assist with time management to ensure students move to their next project
• Co-facilitate a round table reflection session at the end of the day