Peer observations of teaching
A colleague trained to observe and provide formative feedback on your teaching in both face-to-face and online classes will provide you with a summary of your strengths as an instructor and give you ideas for enhancing your practice going forward. These observations are confidential, and you may choose whether or not to use them in official evaluations of your performance.
A program that supports peer-to-peer consultations between faculty in the following areas:
Small groups of faculty who collaborate together to develop expertise around a professionally relevant topic. Typically meeting once per month during the fall and spring semesters, circles currently running are:
- Teaching Research in University Environment (TRUE) - for faculty who teach research methods courses. Contact Dr. Manish Madan at Manish.Madan@stockton.edu
- Service Learning & Civic Engagement - for faculty seeking to learn more about teaching service learning courses. Contact Daniel Tome at Daniel.Tome@stockton.edu
- Writing - for faculty who wish to make writing and publishing a priority. Contact Dr. Melissa Zwick at Melissa.Zwick@stockton.edu
- Civic Education - for faculty who wish to bring civic learning into their teaching. Contact Dr. Claire Abernathy at Claire.Abernathy@stockton.edu or Dr. Jennifer Forestal at Jennifer.Forestal@stockton.edu
- Critical Pedagogy - for faculty seeking to discuss teaching critical thinking in their courses. Contact Dr. Christina Cavaliere at Christina.Cavaliere@stockton.edu
- News Literacy - for faculty interested in teaching news literacy in their courses. Contact Dr. Nancy Reddy at Nancy.Reddy@stockton.edu.
- Migration Studies - for faculty seeking to integrate the study of human migration into their teaching and scholarship. Contact Dr. Jess Bonnan-White at Jess.Bonnan-White@stockton.edu.
- Recruitment and Retention of Faculty of Color - for faculty who wish to increase retention among faculty of color and create an inclusive environment. Contact Dr. Allison Sinanan at Allison.Sinanan@stockton.edu.
Seminars and Workshops
The IFD sponsors regular events designed to provide faculty with information and training on a range of topics relevant to teaching, scholarship and service. Other campus offices also offer events related to faculty development. Check our calendar of events for information on dates, times, and places.
After a seminar you can find resources and links, including audio and video recrdings if available by going to our IFD Seminars notes page.