Peer observations of teaching
A colleague trained to observe and provide formative feedback on your teaching in both face-to-face and online classes will provide you with a summary of your strengths as an instructor and give you ideas for enhancing your practice going forward. These observations are confidential, and you may choose whether or not to use them in official evaluations of your performance.
Seminars and Workshops
The IFD sponsors regular events designed to provide faculty with information and training on a range of topics relevant to teaching, scholarship and service. Other campus offices also offer events related to faculty development. Check our calendar of events for information on dates, times, and places.
After a seminar you can find resources and links, including audio and video recrdings if available by going to our IFD Seminars notes page.
Small groups of faculty who collaborate together to develop expertise around a professionally relevant topic. Typically meeting once per month during the fall and spring semesters, circles currently running are:
- Teaching Research in University Environment (TRUE) - for faculty who teach research methods courses. Contact Dr. Manish Madan at Manish.Madan@stockton.edu
- Service Learning & Civic Engagement - for faculty seeking to learn more about teaching service learning courses. Contact Daniel Tome at Daniel.Tome@stockton.edu
- Writing - for faculty who wish to make writing and publishing a priority. Contact Dr. Melissa Zwick at Melissa.Zwick@stockton.edu
There are a number of social media outlets that you may use to stay connected to the IFD. Content includes information on our programs as well as resources of interest to Stockton faculty. Follow us through the following:
A program that supports peer-to-peer consultations between faculty in the following areas:
- Instructional Coaching - Dr. Sara Martino provides ongoing one-to-one coaching of faculty who wish to improve their teaching. Contact her at Sara.Martino@stockton.edu
- Quantitative Research - Dr. Christine Tartaro consults with faculty on designing and analyzing their quantitative research studies. Contact her at Christine.Tartaro@stockton.edu
- Hybrid and Online Learning - Dr. Amy Ackerman provides feedback to faculty who are designing and teaching online and hybrid courses. Contact her at Amy.Ackerman@stockton.edu
- Post Tenure Advancement - Dr. Deborah Gussman supports faculty who are at the mid-career phase develop their plans for promotion and career advancment. Contact her at Deborah.Gussman@stockton.edu
An e-mail newsletter will be sent to your Stockton account once a month. The newsletter will highlight upcoming IFD events.
Like and follow us for information on IFD offerings and news!
To be added to the IFD group send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Follow us @IFDStockton.
Launching this fall on the Stockton University YouTube page will be the IFD channel where you can watch recordings of events and webinars.
Look for the Talking Stock podcast coming soon to iTunes and other podcast aggregators this fall!