Stockton University's School of Education connects learners and educators to one another and to our communities.
Our Teacher Education Program prepares novice teachers to be competent in both subject matter pedagogical skills, as well as to be caring practitioners in diverse and technologically rich environments.
Our Master of Arts in Education Program offers advanced certification pathways to educators.
Our Master of Arts in Instructional Technology Program prepares professionals to incorporate instructional technology into classrooms and organizational settings.
♦ ♦ ♦ IN the SPOTLIGHT ♦ ♦ ♦
Fieldwork Requests for Summer and Fall 2016
Deadlines are noted below for all fieldwork requests. It is recommended that you submit requests as early as possible. Any requests made after the stated deadlines are not guaranteed and may cause a delay in your studies.
- For students seeking Summer 2016 Introductory and/or Intermediate semester (Elem & Math/English Secondary only) a mandatory meeting will be held on 2/18/16 at 4:30pm to review required prerequisites and fieldwork placement selection. Contact the SOE office to sign up for the meeting.
- For students seeking Fall 2016 Introductory & Intermediate Semester, field placement requests should be made no later than April 8th.
- For students seeking to student teach Fall 2016, applications will be accepted from March 12 to April 1. Any request made after April 1st cannot be guaranteed.
4 Year Degrees with Certification are HERE!
Please see your preceptor or visit the School of Education office in J201 for information
As of May 15, 2015 paper certificates will no longer be issued.
All information about certificates is now online including certificate name, certificate ID number, date of issuance, and expiration date if applicable. Instructions to view this information can be found at NJDOE.
Stockton is now an Electronic Testing site for ETS/Praxis tests!!!
Important - Praxis II Information - ELEMENTARY CERTIFICATION STUDENTS
- ALL students who have registered and passed the Elementary 5031 series by August 31, 2014 will be grandfathered.
- ANY student who have taken and passed any part of the Elementary 5031 series has only until August 31, 2015 to pass all four parts to be grandfathered. If all four parts are not passed they will be required to take and pass the new Elementary 5001 series (all 4 subtests).
- Effective September 1, 2014 Elementary students must register for the new Elementary 5001 series tests.
“Flex Rule”- the following was discussed, voted upon and passed as new program policy- As of September 1, 2015, students gaining entrance into the Stockton TEDU certification course sequence must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and pass the Praxis II without the use of the “flex rule” to qualify for student teaching. Students not meeting these requirements will not be permitted into student teaching. Exception: K-12 World Language certification students must, at minimum, pass the Praxis II to qualify for student teaching. The OPI will not be required to qualify for student teaching but must be taken and passed to be recommended for teacher licensure.
***Always check the latest Praxis information by selecting NJ Requirements***
PARCC READINESS Video from 2/24/15
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION IS LOCATED IN J-201
CONTACT US AT (609) 652-4688
The Stockton University Teacher Education Program, is accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC) for a period of seven years, from 2013 to 2020. This accreditation certifies that the Teacher Education Program has provided evidence that it adheres to TEAC's quality principles. (Certification requirements are subject to change as the New Jersey Department of Education changes licensure requirements)